CICS TS plug-in
CICS® Transaction Server for z/OS provides scalable, general-purpose, transaction processing solutions for high-volume updates to shared data. Businesses have used CICS to differentiate themselves by creating, extending, and evolving their critical applications.
You can use steps from the CICS TS plug-in for UrbanCode Deploy, in combination with other plug-ins, to automate the deployment and undeployment of CICS applications.
In a wider context, the CICS TS plug-in can be used in conjunction with other CICS tooling to automate the build and deployment of CICS artifacts as part of a continuous delivery environment.
The plug-in includes steps to:
- Install CSD resources, groups, and lists
- Install BAS resources, resource descriptions, and groups
- Discard resources
- Enable and disable resources
- Open and close resources
- New copy and phase in resources
- Make resources available and unavailable
- Check the available, enable, and open status of resources
- Scan pipelines
- Deploy and undeploy a bundle
- Deploy and undeploy an application
- Check the status of an application
- Enable and disable an application
- Make an application available and unavailable