CICS TS plug-in
Deploying and undeploying CICS applications
- Component and component version for a CICS application
- Component process to deploy a CICS application
- Component process to undeploy a CICS application
- Required properties
Components represent deployable items and the processes, properties, and other configuration that operate on them.
Create a Component to store your CICS application ready for deployment. The component name should match the CICS application name. For example:
A version of the Component is created by your build script. The script typically extracts the Eclipse projects that consist of the source of the CICS application (including the binding, application, and bundles) from your source code management (SCM) system. The script then calls the CICS TS build toolkit to build the application. The build output directories and files are stored in UCD as a new Component Version.
A CICS application is deployed using the Deploy application step.
Define your component process to take the following actions:
- Download the artifacts to a temporary location.
- Call the CICS build toolkit to resolve variables in the application.
- Copy the resolved application to the CICS platform home directory.
- Use the Deploy application step to define, install, and make the application available in CICS.
You can undeploy a CICS application by using the Undeploy application step.
Optionally, you can use the component process to remove the application and application binding directories. You should not remove the CICS bundle directories, as it is likely they are shared by several applications, or several versions of the same application.
The following properties are required by the Deploy application and Undeploy application steps:
|Property||Recommended property context||Example value|