Amazon EC2 Container Registry
UrbanCode Deploy can be used to import Docker images from an Amazon EC2 Container Registry (ECR) using the Docker Registry source configuration plug-in. Before using this plug-in to create or import versions from Amazon ECR, Docker and AWS CLI must be installed on the UrbanCode Deploy agent used for version imports. See the Docker and Amazon ECS documentation for details about how to install these requirements.
The following properties are used when connecting to Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS).
- Image Name: Use an Elastic Container Registry (ECR) repositoryName without namespace as the image name. To see the list of available repositories, run the command:
Aws ecr describe-repositories
- Regular Expression for Tag Selection: Optional. Provide regular expression to select tags to create component versions for.
- Registry: The URL of the Amazon registry to connect to.
- Registry Type: Select the Amazon ECR option.
- Registry Username: The user name used to login to the Docker registry. For the Amazon ECR, use an access key.
- Registry Password: The password used to login to the Docker registry. For Amazon ECR, use a secret key.
- Registry API Key: Not used with Amazon ECS
- Allow Insecure Registry Connection: default is “false”. Select this option to allow insecure connections to the Docker registry.
- Naming Convention: The naming convention for component versions. The three options are Tag – id, Tag id“, and Tag. Docker tags can be changed. If component versions need to be immutable, select a naming convention that includes the ID.
- AWS Region: The region to use when importing images from Amazon ECR.
- AWS Command Line File: the complete path of the AWS command line runtime file. The default is