IBM WebSphere Application Server - Configure
- DB2 errors
- Null pointer exception during Apply Configuration Processing
- Out of memory errors during configuration discovery
- Configuration discovery seems complete, but a JSONException is shown and the configuration file is empty
Database queries are used to create roles when you install this plug-in. If DB2 SQL error messages are logged when you install the plug-in, increase the transaction log size in DB2.
- Stop the IBM UrbanCode Deploy server.
- Log in to the DB2 server with the account that has permissions to administer the IBM UrbanCode Deploy server database. For example, log in with the db2inst1 account.
- From the DB2 command line, type the following commands:
- db2 connect to <database>
- db2 update db cfg using logfilsiz 30720 logprimary 100
- db2stop force
- Start the IBM UrbanCode Deploy server.
- Install the plug-in again.
If you apply a configuration to a WebSphere 8.5.5 environment and your configuration contains a Dynamic Cluster definition, then you may encounter a null pointer exception during the apply processing. This issue is fixed by an update that is included in the WebSphere 18.104.22.168 fixpack and later.
Starting with version 25 of the plug-in, the default maximum heap size used by the wsadmin command during configuration discovery is 512 MB. This value supports typical configurations. If configuration discovery does not complete on a large cell, specify a higher wsadmin Max Heap value for the WebSphere Configuration Discovery step. For example, to set the maximum heap size to 2 GB, specify -Xmx2048m for the wsadmin Max Heap value.
Additionally, ensure that the wsadmin.sh script does not override the wsadmin Max Heap value. The wsadmin Max Heap value is passed to the wsadmin.sh script in the -javaoption argument. If the $PERF_JVM_OPTIONS variable is passed to the JVM after the $javaOption variable in the wsadmin.sh script, or if you add options to the $javaOption variable in the wsadmin.sh script, then the wsadmin Max Heap value that you specify for the WebSphere Configuration Discovery step is not used. For more information, see PK70783: JAVAOPTIONS ARGUMENTS PASSED INTO WSADMIN.SH ARE IGNORED.
Configuration discovery seems complete, but a JSONException is shown and the configuration file is empty
When you run a configuration discovery, the
stdOut.txt log file shows the following message that says the configuration discovery is complete; however, a JSONException is shown and the configuration file is empty.
Configuration Discovery Complete.
The following JSONException is shown:
Caught: org.codehaus.jettison.json.JSONException: A JSONArray text must start with '[' at character 0 of
org.codehaus.jettison.json.JSONException: A JSONArray text must start with '[' at character 0 of
User rights for the
wsadmin tool do not have permission to write to the configuration file.
See Getting started with wsadmin scripting for more information about
wsadmin tool user rights.