IBM WebSphere Application Server - Install
The IBM® WebSphere Application Server – Install plug-in includes a sample application that automates a standard installation of WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment. This application is provided as an example and must be modified or used as a guide for creating your own installation process. The plug-in also includes steps that are related to installing WebSphere Application Server.
IBM Installation Manager must be installed on the target system. The IBM WebSphere Application Server – Deploy plug-in (version 76 or later) must be installed, and the IBM Installation Manager plug-in (version 3 or later) must be installed.
- This plug-in requires version 184.108.40.206 or later of IBM UrbanCode™ Deploy.
- The sample application supports IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment version 8.0 and later.
Note: The sample application demonstrates installing IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment on Linux.
No special steps are required for installing the plug-in. See Installing plug-ins in UrbanCode products.
- Change dependency on UrbanCode Deploy Versioned File Storage plug-in to version 30 and UrbanCode Deploy Resources plug-in to version 75.
- Support for encrypted input and output properties.
- Fixes APAR PI89623 – Added support for handling optional CLI arguments used by the create deployment manager and node profile steps.
- Fixes APAR PI86445 – Allow specification of user.wasjava property during installation
- Fixes APAR PI79100 – WAS 9 install through UCD fails
With this version, the
imcl.bat batch file and
imcl.exe command can be used on Windows.
Version 4 of the plug-in includes a fix for APAR PI66942. A new step property controls whether the profile directory is deleted after the Remove Deployment Manager Profile plug-in step runs. In previous versions of the plug-in, the Remove Deployment Manager Profile plug-in step always deleted the profile directory, which can cause problems if the directory is on a mounted drive.
This version of the plug-in includes the following features:
- New properties for the Create Deployment Manager Profile and Create Node Profile steps that specify
-portsFile. These properties are optional and hidden.
- A new property for the Install WebSphere Application Server step that specifies the
-sharedResourceDirectory. This property is optional and hidden.
This version of the plug-in includes a new Start Node step, updates to the component template, and defect fixes.