IIS - Configure
The IIS – Configure plug-in includes steps to discover IIS configurations, and to apply configurations and applications to IIS instances. To learn more about the IIS – Configure plug-in, watch the tutorial video.
To add the IIS – Configure plug-in steps to processes, click IISConfiguration > Discovery in the step palette of the process editor.
- IIS and Microsoft Web Deploy must be installed on the agent computer.
- The File Utils plug-in (version 49 or later) must be installed.
- The IBM UrbanCode Deploy Versioned File Storage plug-in (version 25 or later) must be installed.
- The Groovy plug-in (version 7 or later) must be installed.
- The IBM UrbanCode Deploy Versions plug-in (version 62 or later) must be installed.
This version of the IIS – Configure plug-in was tested with Microsoft IIS versions 8.0 and 8.5 on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
This plug-in requires version 184.108.40.206 or later of IBM® UrbanCode™ Deploy.
This plug-in supports agents that are running on Microsoft Windows.
No special steps are required for installation. See Installing plug-ins in UrbanCode products.
- A topology discovery can be run without editing and saving the properties of the webServer group after an auto-discovery.
- Error and debugging information prints correctly to the output log in UrbanCode Deploy.
- IISApp resource roles can be added to other IISApp resource roles.
- Fixed an issue where agents installed on non-Windows platforms would produce an error when placed in the resource tree
- Fixed issue where apps were not getting discovered correctly during a topology discovery
- Fixed issue where optional arguments were incorrectly placed onto msdeploy commands
- Fixed issue where optional arguments for msdeploy commands were not working correctly.
- The plug-in now includes a live comparison feature. You can compare your component versions against a live IIS configuration to find differences between the two.
- The IIS Configuration Discover and Configure step is now called IIS Configuration Discovery, to better represent its purpose.
- The Configure using IIS Configuration Discover and Configure action is now called Configure using IIS Configuration Topology Discovery, to better represent its purpose
- Topology discoveries can be run from only the webServer resource role rather than the webServer, site, app, and app pool roles. This change better represents the purpose of a topology discovery.
- Multiple properties were renamed. Descriptions for properties were enhanced for clarity.
- The plug-in now requires IBM UrbanCode Deploy version 220.127.116.11 or later. Other required plug-in versions also changed. These changes are required to support the live comparison features.
- Example processes, application, and components were altered to accommodate changes in property names.
- The Tokenize Configuration File step now prints the values to be replaced by tokens.
- Resource roles are now restricted to their correct parent roles when you drag them to the resource tree.
- Fixed issue where the plug-in did not load on IBM UrbanCode Deploy 6.2.2.
- Fixed issue where plug-in might not automatically import example processes, component templates, and applications.
- Added plug-in dependencies for various plug-in steps that are used in example processes, component templates, and applications.
- Fixed issue where topology discovery resource role attributes did not parse colons (:) properly.