Evaluate UrbanCode Deploy
Want to discover if IBM UrbanCode Deploy is the right tool for your team? Awesome. We are here to help. Everyone is going to have their own evaluation process, but the normal thing to do is to take in an interactive demo, then try the software, and finally decide to purchase.
1. Get a overview of UrbanCode Deploy
If you need to take a step back, and gain a better understanding of deployment automation, this is where to start. See how you can reduce deployment times by 95% when you automate manual processes. Watch a quick 2-minute overview of IBM UrbanCode Deploy, download our e-book to get best practices for continuous application deployment, and see how others are cutting release times by as much as 99%!
2. Request a full demo
While the recorded four minute demo below can give you a flavor for the product, spending an hour or more in a detailed demo where you can ask questions is a good starting point. Demos are a smaller investment than trying it yourself, and provide a good baseline understanding of the solution’s approach before you begin a detailed evaluation. You also get a chance to discover if the product is right for you before you invest a great deal of time.
3. Work with the software yourself
We understand that most people evaluating the software are technical, and want to try it out for themselves. We try to make that easy, and offer as much or as little hand-holding as you need. There are three options:
- Free trial on your own: You can download the software, install it, and try it out for a limited time. For getting started help, check out the Deploy and Release Learning Circle, the “Getting Started” materials in the Docs area, or ask questions in the forum.
- Proof of Technology: In some locations, we can invite you to spend a day in an IBM facility to try out UrbanCode Deploy in a lab. Contact sales if you’re interested.
- Proof of Concept: The most common formal evaluation approach is a Proof of Concept. Here, you work side-by-side with a product expert from IBM to setup the tool to run in your environment. A PoC will take a few days to a few weeks. You get to have your hands on the software, see it work in the real world, and have an expert sitting next to you that can answer questions.
4. Justify and Purchase
Once you have decided that UrbanCode Deploy is right for your team, it’s time to complete the purchase and begin rolling it out. If you have avoided the sales team to this point, it’s time to reach out and get a quote.
Your sales person can also help if you need to justify your decision to other stakeholders. They can help explain the business value, and walk you through the online ROI calculator. If you need additional information to help make your ROI case with executive, we have that too: check out a selection of white papers, analysts reports, and webinars. And when they ask you “who else is doing this?” – be sure to send your stakeholders to our UrbanCode Customer Stories page for first hand experience and examples.