About this video
Watch this replay of the “IBM MQ on Raspberry Pi Webinar.”
Max and Richard introduce you to IBM MQ and its enterprise messaging capabilities and demonstrate how to get IBM MQ installed on a Raspberry Pi and then get some code working all in less than an hour.
Max introduced this new IBM MQ Developer for Raspberry Pi edition in a blog post, “IBM MQ on Raspberry Pi – our tastiest developer edition yet!.” Now, Max and Richard demonstrate how you can do it for yourselves.
If you want to follow along, and you have a Raspberry Pi, you can download the IBM MQ Developer for Raspberry Pi edition: ibm.biz/mqdevrpi
In this webinar, they cover:
- What is IBM MQ? (Learn more in the MQ fundamentals article.)
- Installing IBM MQ on the Pi (They followed the steps from the “Get an IBM MQ queue for development on Ubuntu” tutorial. )
- Core messaging concepts
- Getting ready for application development
- Setting up the MQ Console (This is covered in the blog post for this edition.)
- Getting some code working (They used one of the samples from the ibm-messaging/mq-dev-patterns repo.)