About this video
In this video, Michael Dawson and Sam Roberts talk about Node.js security. Sam gives a quick review of what he’s working on, chats about the benefits of the latest TLS 1.3 release, and touches on OpenSSL and cryptography.
Specific topics covered include:
- How his team is working to make it easier to report, fix, and publicize vulnerabilities
- Cryptography and how it relates to OpenSSL
- Why people should be using TLS 1.3 (hint: bug fixes and performance enhancements)
- How you can be involved in the security or crypto working groups
- Using TLS 1.3 in Node.js
- OpenSSL 1.1.1 has landed in Node.js master and why it’s important for Node.js LTS release
- What’s up in the Node.js community?
Michael Dawson is the IBM Node.js community lead, chair of the Node.js Technical Steering Committee and member of the Node.js Community Committee. Sam Roberts is a Node.js collaborator and a member of the Node.js Technical Steering Committee and the Security Working Group.