The January Liberty beta includes support for CORS, and updates to REST API discovery (inc new tools support).
The latest version of IBM Eclipse Tools for Bluemix are now available for download. Significant new capabilities introduced in this update include support for Application Server on Cloud and the Sydney data center, as well as application monitoring with Health Center.
This article demonstrates how to use some of the features from the RxJava library with WebSphere Liberty, while taking advantage of Java EE 7 Concurrent APIs, WebSocket and Java SE 8 lambdas.
Docker is useful if you're developing applications to run on Liberty or if you're working in DevOps to deploy those Liberty applications into test or production environments. The web application is deployed to a Liberty server in a Docker container. That container can then be replicated and deployed into any or all of on-premise, cloud, and hybrid cloud environments. Docker Swarm makes it easier to run a number of hosts and manage them as a single entity. Docker Machine provides an easy way to create those hosts.
Creating a testing framework for a monolithic application running on WAS classic in order to get fast feedback, and confidence, in evolving the application to microservices that will run on Liberty.
A modern application server for hosting Java EE and OSGi applications during development, test, and production.
- Starts and stops quickly, typically in a few seconds.
- Requires little memory and disk space.
- Simple to configure with an XML file. Include only the capabilities required by your applications.
- Responds dynamically to application updates and server configuration changes.
- Built using IBM technologies and open source software packages from organizations such as Apache, Eclipse, and OW2.