The following sample demonstrates developing web services applications on the Liberty profile using the jaxws-2.2 feature, which is included in the extended content for the Liberty profile.
The WebSphere Application Server Liberty Profile jaxws-2.2 feature, included in the extended content for the Liberty Profile, supports the Java API for XML-Based Web Services. With this feature, it is easy to develop web services applications on the Liberty profile.
This sample contains a server definition that includes the jaxws-2.2 feature. It also contains a demo application JaxWsSample.war, which demonstrates a number of JAX-WS features supported by the Liberty profile.
This sample can be installed onto runtime versions 18.104.22.168 and later.
To run the JAXWSWebSample application:
- Extract the sample into the Liberty installation by running the command below from the root of your server installation:
java -jar JAXWSWebSample.jar
- Start the JAXWSWebSample server by running the command below from the
bindirectory in the Liberty profile installation:
server run JAXWSWebSample
- Confirm the application started by looking for the following message in the log:
CWWKZ0001I: Application JAXWSWebSample started in XX.XX seconds.
- In your browser, enter the URL for the application: http://localhost:9131/JAXWSWebSample/ (where port 9131 assumes the httpEndpoint provided in the sample server.xml has not been modified).
- There are 7 scenarios for different JAX-WS features in the left. You can navigate each scenario to experience these features.
This sample requires a Liberty Profile installation that includes the jaxws-2.2 feature. The jaxws-2.2 feature is available as part of the Liberty Profile extended content.
JAXWSWebSample.war file contains the source and binaries for the application, and can be used to import it to Eclipse.
- - wlp
- - usr
- - servers
- - JAXWSWebSample
- - apps
- - JAXWSWebSample.war
- - server.xml
- - readme.html
- - Copyright.txt
For further information and resources for developers using IBM WebSphere Application Server, please visit wasdev.net.