You can install the developer tools into an existing Eclipse workbench from downloaded installations files or from Eclipse Marketplace. You can also update IBM WebSphere Application Server Developer Tools for Eclipse installed into an existing Eclipse workbench.
Ensure that your Eclipse workbench meets one the following requirements:
- Eclipse Kepler IDE for Java EE Developers ( 4.3.2 )
- Eclipse Kepler IDE for Java EE Developers ( 4.3.1 )
- Eclipse Juno IDE for Java EE Developers ( 4.2.2 )
Installing from a remote repository
Use this installation method to use your workbench to locate and install the installation files for WebSphere Application Server Developer Tools for Eclipse V220.127.116.11 from Eclipse Marketplace. The procedure is defined in the help section Install from a remote repository.
Installing from downloaded installation files
Use the following installation method if you want to download the installation files for WebSphere Application Server Developer Tools for Eclipse and then install the product into an existing Eclipse workbench. To install the product while not connected to the internet, you must download additional prerequisite Eclipse files.
Before you begin
- Download the following prerequisite files depending on your version of Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers
List of prerequisite files by version of the Eclipse IDE for Java EE developers. Files for version 4.3.2 & 4.3.1 Files for version 4.2.2
- For each compressed file that you downloaded in the previous step, extract the contents of the file into the Eclipse directory of your Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers. Ensure that you preserve the structure of the extracted contents.
Tip: You can overwrite any files that have the same name.
For example, if your Eclipse directory is located in the file path C:eclipse-jee-kepler-SR1-win32-x86_64 , then you must extract the contents of each file into the directory C:eclipse-jee-kepler-SR1-win32-x86_64.When you are finished, the extracted files will be in the existing directories of your Eclipse IDE:
- eclipse (For example, C:eclipse-jee-kepler-SR1-win32-x86_64eclipse.)
- eclipseplugins (For example, C:eclipse-jee-kepler-SR1-win32-x86_64eclipseplugins.)
- eclipsefeatures (For example, C:eclipse-jee-kepler-SR1-win32-x86_64eclipsefeatures.)
- From a command line, restart your Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers using the -clean option. For example, C:eclipse-jee-kepler-SR1-win32-x86_64eclipseeclipse.exe -clean
- Download the .zip file of IBM WebSphere Application Server Developer Tools for Eclipse to a directory on your computer. The .zip file is available at: https://developer.ibm.com/wasdev/downloads/websphere-application-server-developer-tools-v8-5-5/.
- Start your Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers workbench.
- Click Help > Install new software.
- In the Add Repository window, click Archive.
- Browse to the location of the .zip file of IBM WebSphere Application Server Developer Tools for Eclipse. Select the file and then click Open.
- In the list of results, select IBM WebSphere Application Server Developer Tools for Eclipse V18.104.22.168. If you do not want to install all features (for example, you are installing only the WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Liberty Profile Tools feature), then expand the IBM WebSphere Application Server Developer Tools for Eclipse node and select the features that you want to install.
Tip: Ensure that you do not select IBM WebSphere Application Server Liberty Profile Server Adapter.
- Click Next.
- On the Review Licenses page, review the license text. If you agree to the terms, click “I accept the terms of the license agreement” and then click Finish. The installation process starts.
- When the installation process completes, restart the workbench.
Installing Eclipse Web Tools patches (Kepler SR1 only)
Patches are available for a couple of bugs in the Eclipse Web Tools Project V3.5.1. For details, see Bug 419804 & Bug 419889. Apply these patches if you are using the developer tools installed into the Kepler SR1 release of Eclipse for Java EE Developers. Download the patches from patches32x-P-3.5.1-20131023203751.zip, then apply them similar to installing prerequisite Eclipse files. See steps 1 through 3 of the “Installing from downloaded Installation files” section.