Install the Liberty profile runtime in build environments or non-Eclipse IDEs.
- Download the Liberty profile runtime:
- Run the following command then follow the prompts to install the Liberty profile runtime:
java -jar wlp-developers-runtime-18.104.22.168.jar
- From the
wlp/bindirectory in your Liberty profile runtime installation, run the following command to create a new server:
server create server-name
The new server is created in
- Run the following command to start the server:
server start server-name
- To deploy an application, copy the .war file to the server’s
There is no need to restart the server; the application should just work!
Adding Web Service, JMS, or MongoDB support to the runtime
- Download the IBM® WebSphere Application Server V22.214.171.124 Liberty Profile Extended Content:
- Extract the content in the same location as your Liberty installation:
java -jar wlp-developers-extended-126.96.36.199.jar