Install the Liberty profile runtime in build environments or non-Eclipse IDEs.
- Download the Liberty profile runtime:
- Run the following command then follow the prompts to install the Liberty profile runtime:
java -jar wlp-runtime-126.96.36.199.jar
- From the
wlp/bindirectory in your Liberty profile runtime installation, run the following command to create and start the default server:
The new server is created in
- To deploy an application, copy the .war file to the server’s
There is no need to restart the server; the application should just work!
Adding Web Service, JMS, or MongoDB support to the runtime
- Download the IBM® WebSphere Application Server V188.8.131.52 Liberty Profile Extended Content:
- Extract the content in the same location as your Liberty installation:
java -jar wlp-extended-184.108.40.206.jar