This basic package includes the kernel of the WAS Liberty server. Install the desired runtime features using
There are two ways to download and install the WAS Liberty runtime:
- From within your Eclipse IDE.
- As a standalone ZIP file that you unzip.
Installing from within Eclipse
Complete the following steps to install WAS Liberty using Eclipse:
- If you don’t already have Eclipse, install
Eclipse Oxygen for Java EE Developers.
- Drag the following Install button onto the Eclipse toolbar then follow the prompts. This installs the WebSphere Developer
Tools into your Eclipse installation.
- In the Servers view of Eclipse, right-click to define a new WAS Liberty server. This opens a wizard to guide you through
the process. The wizard includes the option to download and install the runtime as a part of defining a new server.
Installing from the ZIP file
Complete the following steps to install WAS Liberty from the ZIP file:
- Download WAS Liberty V22.214.171.124: Kernel Package by clicking Download.
Installing additional features
The installUtility (located in the wlp/bin folder) can be used to install additional features
from the Liberty Repository
or a feature bundle such as ndControllerBundle (includes adminCenter-1.0 and collectiveController-1.0), e.g.
bin/installUtility install adminCenter-1.0
You can also install all features required by a configured server using:
bin/installUtility install serverName
Upgrading to a supported installation
Installing WAS Liberty from this ZIP file enables no-charge, unsupported, unlimited
use of WAS Liberty in development environments and limited use in small-scale
test and production environments. For access to IBM support and unlimited test and production use
, you can purchase and upgrade to a supported edition for your existing installation. See
Upgrading Liberty profile installations