WAS Liberty Runtime
This basic runtime package includes all you need to get up and running with a WAS Liberty server. To keep the footprint small,
only a subset of technologies is included. If you need Web Services, JMS, or MongoDB support, also download and install the Extended
Programming Models package in addition to this install.
There are two ways to download and install the WAS Liberty runtime:
- From within your Eclipse IDE.
- As a standalone JAR file that you install from the command line.
Installing from within Eclipse
- If you don’t already have Eclipse, install
Eclipse Oxygen for Java EE Developers.
- Select the following Install button , drop it onto the Eclipse toolbar, and then follow the prompts. This installs the WebSphere Developer Tools into
your Eclipse installation.
- In the Servers view of Eclipse, right-click to define a new WAS Liberty server. This opens a wizard to guide you through the
process. The wizard includes the option to download and install the runtime as a part of defining a new server.
Installing from the command line
- Download WAS Liberty V126.96.36.199 Runtime by clicking Download.
- Run the following command:
java -jar wlp-runtime-188.8.131.52.jar
Upgrading to a supported installation
Installing WAS Liberty from this jar file enables no-charge, unsupported, unlimited
use of WAS Liberty in development environments and limited use in small-scale
test and production environments. For access to IBM support and unlimited test and production use
, you can purchase and upgrade to a supported edition for your existing installation. See
Upgrading Liberty profile installations