When it was announced that AlchemyAPI had become part of the IBM Watson group, I had no idea what the response would be. I was amazed when my inbox was filled with messages like, â€śWow, amazing, congrats!â€ť and â€śThe team at AlchemyAPI deserves all the best. Canâ€™t wait to see whatâ€™s next!â€ť
Itâ€™s uplifting to receive this feedback, but whatâ€™s more important is that Alchemists continue to feel supported and empowered to build smart apps that understand the worldâ€™s data. As part of IBM Watson, weâ€™re excited to expand the Alchemist community and continue making artificial intelligence widely available, affordable and easy-to-use for developers around the world.
To help you get to know us, here are 5 interesting facts about AlchemyAPI:
- All AlchemyAPI functions are accessible via a REST interface. Get startedÂ with a simple API call.
- Sentiment Analysis is AlchemyAPI’s most popular function and works on a variety of different targets.Â You can calculate sentiment for the overall document or at theÂ keywordÂ orÂ entity level.
- AlchemyAPI has processed 5000 times more web pages than Wikipedia.
- Over 40,000 developers in industries from finance to advertising to eCommerce have used Alchemy’s APIs to build smarter applications that understand customer needs and predict their behavior. Â
- You can try AlchemyAPI’s tools with our free online demos.
Hereâ€™s a 90 second video where our team shares why we exist. Enjoy!