Calling all hackers, devs, technologists and those who just love a good challenge. Already planning and selecting hackathons to attend this year? Donâ€™t forget to add ours to the list. It has been almost a year since our inaugural World of Watson Hackathon and we canâ€™t wait to host you again for hands-on time with Watson APIs. Join us May 21-22, 2016 in a premier state-of-the-art location, New York Cityâ€™s own Pier 36.
Here are a few of the many reasons to join:
- Win great prizes
- Network with other developers and innovators
- Showcase your skills and learn from others
- Expand your knowledge with API workshops and lightning talks led by WatsonÂ developers
- One-on-one mentoring sessions with the engineers and developers behind the IBMÂ Watson services
Last year, we were so impressed by the expertise of the teams and the creative apps that were built and we expect that the creative energy will be even higher this year. See how teams approached last yearâ€™s challenge and defeated the competition.
Preparation is key for any hackathon. To make sure you get the most from your time at the event, you’ll want to getÂ familiar with the Watson APIs and what they can do. We have the key tools and documentation to get you Â headed in the right direction. Here are a few of our favorite resources to get you started:
- Building with Watson webinars â€“ Get hands-on with the technology with technical walkthroughs from our Watson experts
- Application Starter Kitsâ€“ Get a jumpstart with code examples that combine multiple services for common use cases
- SDKs â€“ Get familiar with the suite of Watson services plus tips on how to use them
Follow the hashtag #WatsonHack for updates and an opportunity to network online with other devs and hobbyists looking to compete.
Also stop by Watsonâ€™s other online communities-
World of Watson LinkedIn Group