Today we’re pleased to announce a new release of IBM Watson Knowledge Studio, which enables experts and developers to teach Watson how to discover meaningful insights in unstructured text. To use Watson Knowledge Studio, you don’t need to have a PhD in artificial intelligence or even write any code. You train Watson, not program it. No matter what your field of expertise, you can train Watson using the intuitive cloud-based interface to identify entities and their relationships in unstructured data. You can build examples and collaborate to maintain consistency in how those entities and relationships are defined. Based on your training, Watson Knowledge Studio then produces a machine learning model that you can use with Watson Discovery, Watson Explorer or AlchemyLanguage services to create applications that use and analyze content specific to a particular industry or domain.
What’s new?With this release, the value of Watson Knowledge Studio has been expanded to meet more needs related to language, cost and data isolation. Here’s a list of what’s new:
- Use the visual rule editor: Now you can create custom text extractors more quickly using business rules in Watson Knowledge Studio. You can use the visual rule editor to accelerate machine-learning model training, then deploy it to AlchemyLanguage, Watson Discovery Service or Watson Explorer for text extraction.
- Work with more languages: Support is now available so you can work with documents in Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, French and Korean, adding to the languages that were already supported (English, German, Japanese, Arabic, French, Korean and Spanish).
- Accelerate training: To speed up training, you can pre-annotate documents with Watson’s AlchemyLanguage entity extraction service, which finds mentions of entities in documents automatically. Pre-annotation helps you train custom models more quickly and with less effort than annotating manually.
- Fine-tune results: You can iteratively fine-tune the results to meet your requirements. A new statistical tokenizer is introduced as the default. The previous dictionary-based tokenizer is available as an advanced option when you create a project.
- Watson Knowledge Studio Standard edition reduces the cost of entry by offering more flexible pricing options that can be tailored to your needs.
- Watson Knowledge Studio Premium edition offers the same capabilities as the Standard edition with added data isolation. The premium edition also supports enterprise-wide deployments.