Welcome to the Release Notes for the November 2016 release of IBM Watson Care Manager.
New features, resolved defects, known issues and other getting started information are highlighted in these release notes
The IBM Watson Care Manager product documentation is available in the IBM Knowledge Center.
New and updated features in this release
- Add Goals
Care team members can now create specific goals for their clients which are not available from the pre-configured goals.
For more information, see Adding goals.
- Deleting goals
A goal can no longer be deleted when an action is associated to the goal. For more information, see Deleting goals.
- Focus Area
The tenant administrator can define focus areas, so that only applicable focus areas are displayed to care team members.
For more information, see Configuring focus areas for goals.
- Ad hoc Actions
Care team members can now create specific actions for their clients which are not available from the pre-configured actions. For more information, see Adding client actions.
- Adding Care Team Actions and Client Actions
Care team members can now add care team actions and client actions separately.
- Action Name character length increase
The character length allowed for the Action Name is increased from 100 to 150 characters.
- Allow a program to be completed with open goals
It is now possible to complete a program or disenroll a client from a program when there are open goals associated to the program. For more information, see Completing programs.
New icons have been added to the plan workspace to differentiate between clients and care team members when photos are not available. When an action is assigned to a client, and no photo available, an icon of the client is displayed. When an action is assigned to a care team member, and no photo available, an icon of a team is displayed.
For more information, see Plan page.
To reduce the risk of malicious files being uploaded, attachment file upload is now restricted to a specific set of file types .
For more information, see File type restrictions.
- Trigger tasks based on program status
The tenant administrator can now configure tasks to be automatically added to a plan based on specific program statuses. Previously, the automatic triggering of tasks was based on program enrollment. For more information, see Creating tasks from a program.
- Enrollment chart
From the enrollment chart, supervisors can now drill down to see the list of clients who have transitioned into the program state within the last 30 days.
For more information, see Supervisor workspace.
Care Manager Workspace:
- Alert Notifications List
The care team member can now navigate from the Alert Notifications work list on the Care Manager Workspace to a list of all alerts. For more information, see Care Manager Workspace.
- Alert Tooltip
A tooltip is now available on the client’s context panel which provides additional information about any open alerts associated with the client. The tooltip includes a link to the list of all alerts for the client.
- Client Summary Card Configurations
The tenant administrator can now define the display order of the client summary cards. In addition, the tenant administrator can specify which cards are shown or hidden from the client summary view.
- Client Summary
An action summary card displaying the number of open and closed Client and Care Team Actions is now available. By default, this new action card is displayed on the Client Summary view. The existing Planned and Current Actions cards are not displayed by default but can be configured to be displayed if required. For more information, see Configuring client summary cards.
A barrier card is now available on the Client Summary. The card displays 5 barriers with links to view all barriers and to add a new barrier for the client.
A conditions card displaying a client’s conditions is available on the Client Summary. The card displays the 5 most recent conditions with links to view all client data and to add a new condition for the client. For more information see Summary view.
- Client’s Context panel action menu
There are enhancements to the client’s Context Panel action menu so that the most frequently used menu items are available. For more information see Summary view.
Care team members can capture a client’s utilizations and view the history, so that care managers know when clients were hospitalized, visited an emergency room, or saw their physician. For more information, see Recording services utilization.
- Resolving Duplicate Client Registrations
When integrated with IBM Watson Care Manager, IBM Explorys EPM Registry can automatically refer and register clients for Care Management. Occasionally, EPM Registry may register a client with IBM Watson Care Manager more than once. If EPM Registry detects one of these duplicate registrations, it can notify the associated Care Managers via an Alert in IBM Watson Care Manager. The Care Manager can review these registrations and decide which one to retain and which to deactivate. For more information, see Resolving duplicate registrations.
- Care Team History
The Care Team List page for the client now includes a history of care team members so that it is possible to view care team members who have previously been involved in the care of the client.
- Client Data
The client data list view is replaced with an enhanced view that provides a navigation pane in which the client data is categorized and a main content area where the details of the selected client data record is displayed.
A filter is provided to show the most recent client data updates for a specific number of days.
- Conditions Data Type
There is a new client data type for Conditions. For more information, see Client data types.
When creating a new touchpoint or editing a touchpoint, it is possible to specify associated programs. The programs available for selection now includes those programs completed in the last 30 days. For more information, see Recording touchpoints.
- Deactivating clients
Clients who are no longer being actively care managed can be deactivated. The status of the client changes from ‘active’ to ‘inactive’ and a history of the status change is maintained.
For more information see, Deactivating clients.
- New answer type for assessments and questionnaires
The tenant administrator can now configure a multiple line text box answer type for assessments and questionnaires so that care team members can add additional information in response to a question. For more information, see Configuring assessment answers and answer types and Configuring questionnaire answers and answer types.
- Change answer type for a question on activated assessments and questionnaires
The tenant administrator can now change the answer type for a question on an in-edit version of an assessment or questionnaire that has previously been activated. For more information, see Configuring assessment answers and answer types and Configuring questionnaire answer types.
Defects resolved in this release
- The following occurs when using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11): the calendar’s Day and Week view is blank when you attempt to view existing tasks. The tasks count for each day is correct but the tasks themselves do not appear in the calendar (157803).
- There is a known issue within questionnaires when the Tenant administrator sets up more than one condition from a question which has multiple answers. The following example illustrates a workaround this issue (171235).
- Question 1 has available answers A and B. Answer A conditionally displays Questions 2 and 3. Answer B conditionally displays Questions 4 and 5
- Set Up:
- Create a new condition.
- Select the question to drive the conditions.
- Select all answers for which any conditional questions will apply (both answers A and B).
- Select all conditional questions against all of those answers (questions 2, 3, 4, 5). Save.
- Multiple condition entries will be created.
- Remove the extra conditional questions from each entry as needed.
- The session timeout is 25 minutes. The user does not receive notification of session time out and is not returned to the login page until an action is attempted on the current page. (178538)
- An administrator is not currently prevented from deleting a configurable client data type configured to display on a custom client summary card when there is no data recorded for that client data type. This can result in an error; the Client Summary cannot display without all required information, nor can the custom summary card administration pages display so you can resolve the problem. To avoid this issue, ensure that you delete the custom summary card configuration before you delete a client data type that is displayed in a custom summary card (178817).
The following occurs when using Internet Explorer 11 (IE11): if you upload a client or user photo, the photo does not appear in in the application. (179025)
- An issue exists using Firefox where it is not possible to scroll down the page when completing a questionnaire. To work around the issue, use either the TAB button or an alternative supported browser (176048)
- Validation errors can be displayed if you attempt to update a program status to ‘Enrolled’ or complete an assessment / questionnaire on the same day a goal on the plan was completed. The validation message “Goal X’ already exists on the Care Plan” is displayed and the user is blocked from completing the assessment / questionnaire or updating the program status. The issue does not occur if:
- If the goal is active on plan or
- If the goal is completed the day before. (179707)
- Part number: SSRMV7
- Date of submission for approval: 17th November 2016
- Document type: Release Notes
┬ę Copyright 2016 IBM Corporation