What’s new or changed
What’s new or changed for the care team
A barriers bar is now added to the Plan page. Select it to see and work with the barriers on the plan. When you select Barriers, it shows all open barriers on the plan. You have access to all of the menu actions for barriers, such as edit, associate with goals or activities, or resolve.
The old look plan page is removed.
- Adding provider services to a care plan
If the Providers feature is enabled by your administrator, you can add or remove providers of services to care plans. With the Providers feature, when you work with services you see extra provider-related pages for example, the Community Resources search page, as well as provider-related fields, columns, and actions.
- Adding services and providers from the Community Resources page
From the Community Resources page, you can search for available services and providers. When you find a suitable provider service, you can add it to the client’s care plan. In addition, you can find providers for services that are already on their plan. You can search by service and keyword, and filter by location and distance. From your results, you can look at the service information and the provider profile, and add a service to the plan.
- Adding services and providers from the Plan page
From the Plan page, you can now select a provider for a service. When you add a service you can select the provider when you add the service, or you can add the provider later.
- Adding services and providers from the Community Resources page
- Viewing a client’s referral history
So that you can know when a client was referred for care management, why the client was referred, and the status of the referral, you can now view the history of all referrals received for a client.
- Reassigning clients to programs
Previously, if you reassigned a client to a program that the client had already completed, the questionnaires and assessments for the program were populated with the information from the client’s original assignment to this program. In addition, the progress displayed indicated that the program was complete. This caused problems for programs where the care team member needs to fill in the questionnaires and assessments every time the client is assigned to the program, for example, Transition of Care. In this release, when a client is reassigned to a program, the questionnaires and assessments and the completion icon are not filled. Once you run a questionnaire or assessment after the client is reassigned, the history for the questionnaire or assessment can be viewed under the completion icon.
- Care plan summary report
If configured by your administrator, so that when you generate a Care Plan Summary report you see the specific information that you want to see about a client, you can now select a report template from a library of templates.
- Removing care team members
As you may not know who is replacing a care team member that you are removing from a care team, you can now assign care team actions and tasks to a care team role when you are removing a care team member from a client’s care team.
- Recording touchpoints
As you often speak to more than one person during a touchpoint, for example, you might have a phone call with a client and their a spouse, or visit a client with a translator, you can now add more than one contact person to a touchpoint record.
So that you can have full view of a client’s clinical information, if your instance of Watson Care Manager is integrated with an external system, you can view a client’s observation records that were received from the external source. In addition you can flag an observation record so that you can identify observation records that are of interest to those who are care managing the client.
What’s new or changed for administrators
- Configuring the care plan summary report
You can now configure Care Plan Summary report templates. Each template can contain selected client information allowing care team members to generate a report from the template that contains the information that they require. You can also configure the report templates to include your organization’s logo.
- Configuring risks
You can now more quickly and easily configure risks. Now when a new risk is saved, it is set to an In Edit status, the risk home page opens automatically and you can configure the risk range and risk categories. When you activate a risk, it is shown by default and is available for care team members to use. Risks can now be validated and activated from both the Risk home page and the Risk list.
A new version of a risk can no longer overlap with an existing active version; new risk versions must have an effective date that is later than the effective date for the existing active version.
- Registering providers and provider services
So that your organization’s providers can be managed in in IBM Watson Care Manager, you can use the new Providers feature to create and maintain a provider registry for your organization. A provider is an organization or individual who provides services, such as healthcare or community services, to clients under care management. For each provider, you can select the services that they provide from the services library and add provider-specific information. Then you can activate the provider’s services to make them available for care teams.
- Error message is received when a user adds a new email address. (210436, SR 1481)
- Observation records with long IDs are not being added to Watson Care Manager. (211361, TS000012722)
- The full Progress Report is not displayed on the Summary card. (212819, TS000027807, TS000034589 )
- The Note Type field for default note types should be read only, however there is an issue whereby administrators can edit the default Note Types. To avoid inconsistencies in notes, do not edit the Note Type field for default note types. When this issue is resolved, it will not be possible to edit the default note types to correct any inconsistencies. For a full list of default Notes Types see, Default note types. (210389)
- The default Notes Type ‘Utilization’ is deprecated and will be removed from the application in a future release. It is configured to be hidden by default. Administrators should not configure this Notes Type to show. If this note type is configured to show, it can be selected by care team members that are creating and editing notes. Notes recorded and saved with the Utilization note type will not appear in the note type list. (210389)
- If you add a goal to a client’s plan on the existing Plan page, the goal does not appear on the plan until the plan page is refreshed. (209022)
- A “Search My Health users” link displays on the Security administrators Quick Links page. Clicking on it opens a search screen but as My Health users cannot currently be created, the search will return no results. (209020)
- If you are using the New Look Plan page on a Safari browser on an iOS device, the New Client action, the New Care Team Action, and the New Goal modals do not open. (209668)
- The Data screen for a client who has large volumes of data may be slow to load. While the data is loading, a misleading “No records” message displays. (208217)
- A Data Access Group’s rules continue to have effect even after you delete the group. As a workaround, delete all users from the group before you delete the group. (214360)
- In the unlikely event that within a few minutes a care manager completes an assessment for a client then completes the program and reassigns the same program to the same client,Â they may see the assessment and questionnaires in the reassigned program displayingÂ as ‘Completed’ and the assessment and questionnaires populated with answers from the previous execution of the assessment and questionnaire. To avoid this issue, do not reassign a program to a client within 10 minutes of closing the same program for that client. (213207)
- On the Plan page, if you try to create a new activity before youÂ searchÂ the library for an existing activity,Â Â the + icon does not launchÂ the New activity modal. To avoid this issue,Â search for an existing activity before you try and create a new activity.Â Â (213304)
- A Data Access Group’s rules continue to have effect even if you switch the group’s state to ‘Inactive’. As a workaround, you can remove users from the group. (213220)
- Social Network Contacts data is not included on the Share Care Plan reports. (213098)
- When you add a service to a plan and click ‘Save and Select a Provider’, the service search results returned include all services matching the selected service, regardless of location and distance. (212383)
- There are issues with medication data filters:
- When you create a custom filter, the filtered list returned displays an incorrect numbers count. For example, if a list contains 20 records and you filter it to show 2 records, the text displayed on the filtered list says â€˜showing 2 of 2â€™ instead of â€˜showing 2 of 20â€™. (211547)
- When you create a custom filter for medication record status, all records display. As a workaround, use the predefined filter for Active and Inactive medications which display the correctly filtered lists. (211581)
- When you use the predefined filters â€˜Last 6 monthsâ€™ or â€˜Last 3 monthsâ€™ to filter medication data, all records display. (211577, 211575)
- When you create a custom filter to show medication records using a Date filter, the filter is returning records that have any of the 5 medication dates (Start Date, Ordered Date, Prescription Date, Fill date, Last fill date) that correspond to that filter criteria. (211582)
- When you sort data types by description, descriptions that start with whole numbers are not sorting correctly. (199039)
Part number: 5725V59
Date of submission for approval: 15-11-2017
Document type: Release Notes
Â© Copyright 2016, 2017 IBM Corporation