What’s new or changed
What’s new or changed for the care team
- New Look Plan page
There is a new improved Plan page available. The new look Plan is your one-stop shop for planning everything your client needs to successfully complete a program. The new look Plan consists of a Content pane, where you can view the details of the plan’s goals and activities and a Navigation pane which displays all the goals on the plan, toggles that switch the content pane display between the Activity view to the Goal details view. From the Navigation pane, you can see and add the suggested goals and activities for your client, or search the goals and activities libraries, or even create new goals and actions.
For ease of use, services, service categories, care team actions, and client actions are grouped into Activities. When you view the Activities list in the Content pane, client actions and care team actions are clearly distinguished.
In the new Plan, and throughout the product, Recommended goals, Recommended actions, and Recommended services are now called Suggested goals, Suggested actions and Suggested services.
If supplementary reference information links are configured by your administrator, you can click a link on a goal or action to access more information about the goal or action.
In this release, both the new and old version of the Plan are available. It is planned to retire the old Plan in the next release.
- Recommended goals, actions and services name change
In the new Plan and throughout the product, Recommended goals, Recommended actions, and Recommended services are now called Suggested goals, Suggested actions and Suggested services.
- The Care Plan summary report
- So that you can know who are the other active care team members on your client’s care team, the care plan summary report now lists all core active care team members who are Watson Care Manager users.
- Associate barriers with actions assigned to a care team role
- So that you can identify the barriers that need to be resolved so that a care plan can be successfully completed, you can now associate barriers with actions that are assigned to a care team role.
- Associate goals with actions assigned to a care team role
- You can now associate goals with actions that are assigned to a care team role.
- Reference hyperlinks on goals, actions and barriers
- So that you can access reference information about goals, actions, and barriers, your administrator can configure hyperlinks that display on the goals, actions, or barriers pages or on the new look Plan page to link you to more information.
- Sharing notes and Sharing touch point data
- If configured by your administrator, you can share notes with external systems. Private notes cannot be shared with external systems.
- Private notes
- You can now capture notes that are visible only to you, for example a reminder to ask your client how their child is doing in school. You can write a note that is visible only to you, or be visible to users with the same care team role as you,
- Notes of type Private are visible only to the author of the note.
- Note of type Private to Role are visible to the author and any user with the same care team role who has access to the client’s file.
If configured by your administrator, there is a card on the client’s summary page displaying your latest private note.
- Deactivating clients
- So that reports on deactivated clients are more accurate, now when you deactivate clients you can select Duplicate as the reason for deactivating the client.
- Adding care team members usability improvements
- So that you add the correct care team members to a client’s care team, there is now a clear visual distinction onscreen in the search results for care team members that indicates which care team members can access Watson Care Managers and which care team members cannot access Watson Care Manager.
In addition, so that you do not add duplicate care team members to a team, the Select and Register actions are now clearly distinguished.
- Removing care team members
- So that clients are not considered to be actively care managed for billing purposes, you can now remove the last care manager (primary role) from the care team.
Working with client data
- New data types
- So that you can capture a client’s background information, there are new data types to capture clients’ background information. They are as follows:
- Health background: the client’s background health information.
- Personal background: the client’s general background information and personal circumstances.
- Social background: the client’s social environment.
- Coverage data
- Electronically received coverage records will display Eligibility System as the Source, since this information is coming from an external Eligibility System.
- Filtering medication data
- So that you only see the medication data that you want to see, in addition to the existing filters, there are additional new predefined filters available for Medication lists as follows:
In addition, you can create filters based on Name, Status, Date, and Class.
- Filtering allergy data
- SSo that you only see the allergy data that you want to see, you can now filter the Allergy lists. The following predefined filters are available:
In addition, you can create filters based on Reaction, Severity, Status and Type.
- Filtering conditions data
- So that you only see the conditions data that you want to see, you can now filter the conditions lists. The following predefined filters are available:
In addition, you can create filters based on Status and Classification.
What’s new or changed for supervisors
- Filtering tasks
- So that you only see the tasks that you want to see, you can now filter the Task lists. The following predefined filters are available:
In addition, you can create filters based on Category, Priority, and Due date.
What’s new or changed for administrators
- Sharing notes with external systems
- You can configure note types to be shared with external systems. You can configure a library of external system types to associate with note sharing options in the application. A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is required for notes sharing. Customers who would like to request a VPN for notes sharing can do so by submitting a ticket on the Watson Health Support Portal. Note: Private note types cannot be shared with external systems.
- Configuring reference information links to goals or actions, or barriers
- You can configure hyperlinks on goals, actions and barriers to give care team members supplementary reference information that they can use to educate themselves on a goal, action, or barrier, or to share with clients.
What’s new or changed for security administrators
- Configuring data access groups
- So that you can provide access to client personal health information (PHI) to specific Watson Care Manager users based on a set of clients who have a particular care team member on their care team, you can generate a data access group attribution dynamically based on whether a client has a particular care team member on their care team.
For example, Dr Smith leads a multidisciplinary care team in an organization. As the security administrator, you can create a data access group based on the list of clients that have Dr Smith on their care team. Then, all care team members working on the multidisciplinary team can be given access to this group. To do this, create a group called Dr. Smithâ€™s Clients and populate the group with clients by using the Care Team Membership Rule; Care Team includes Dr Smith. This results in a Dr. Smithâ€™s Clients group containing all clients in Watson Care Manager who have Dr. Smith as a Care team member. After this, whenever Dr. Smith is added to a client’s care team, the client is automatically added to the Dr. Smith’s Clients group. When Dr. Smith is removed from a clients Care Team, that client is removed from the Dr. Smith’s Clients group. Other Watson Care Manager users who work with Dr Smith and who are in the Dr. Smith’s Clients data access group can access the PHI of all clients in the group.
- Client data descriptions that are more than 120 characters are not displayed in the client data list.(206414)
- Client coverage records that have no plan description information are not displaying. (212535, TS000027430)
- Clients that are sent from an external system and who have coverage dates that are earlier then their date of birth are not displaying in Watson Care Manager. (212147, SR1494)
- There are issues with medication data filters:
- When you create a custom filter, the filtered list returned displays an incorrect numbers count. For example, if a list contains 20 records and you filter it to show 2 records, the text displayed on the filtered list says â€˜showing 2 of 2â€™ instead of â€˜showing 2 of 20â€™. (211547)
- When you create a custom filter for medication record status, all records display. As a workaround, use the predefined filter for Active and Inactive medications which display the correctly filtered lists. (211581)
- When you use the predefined filters â€˜Last 6 monthsâ€™ or â€˜Last 3 monthsâ€™ to filter medication data, all records display. (211577, 211575)
- When you create a custom filter to show medication records using a Date filter, the filter is returning records that have any of the 5 medication dates (Start Date, Ordered Date, Prescription Date, Fill date, Last fill date) that correspond to that filter criteria. (211582)
- The Note Type field for default note types should be read only, however there is an issue whereby administrators can edit the default Note Types. To avoid inconsistencies in notes, do not edit the Note Type field for default note types. When this issue is resolved, it will not be possible to edit the default note types to correct any inconsistencies. For a full list of default Notes Types see, Default note types.
- The default Notes Type ‘Utilization’ is deprecated and will be removed from the application in a future release. It is configured to be hidden by default. Administrators should not configure this Notes Type to show. If this note type is configured to show, it can be selected by care team members that are creating and editing notes. Notes recorded and saved with the Utilization note type will not appear in the note type list. (210389)
- If you are using the New Look Plan page on a Safari browser on an iOS device, the New Client action, the New Care Team Action, and the New Goal modals do not open. (209668)
- If you add a goal to a client’s plan on the existing Plan page, the goal does not appear on the plan until the plan page is refreshed. (209022)
- A “Search My Health users” link displays on the Security administrators Quick Links page. Clicking on it opens a search screen but as My Health users cannot currently be created, the search will return no results. (209020)
- The Data screen for a client who has large volumes of data may be slow to load. While the data is loading, a misleading “No records” message displays. (208217)
- When you sort data types by description, descriptions that start with whole numbers are not sorting correctly. (199039)
Part number: 5725V59
Date of submission for approval: 13-10-2017
Document type: Release Notes
Â© Copyright 2016, 2017 IBM Corporation