Welcome to the February 2020 release of Watson Care Manager. Care teams can now see a view of the application that is appropriate to their role in your organization and there are usability updates to the Care Team workspace.
So that you can more easily identify the changes that will apply to your instance of Watson Care Manager, updates are tagged as follows:
- Watson Care Manager – these updates are for all Watson Care Manager customers.
- Reporting – these items apply to all Watson Care Manager customers using Watson Care Manger Reporting.
- Service Providers – these items apply to Watson Care Manager customers with the Providers feature enabled.
- Organization Units – these updates are for all Watson Care Manager customers with Organization Units enabled.
- Community Service Referral – these items apply to customers who have licensed the Watson Care Manager Community Service Referral add on.
- Community Service Payment – these items apply to customers who have licensed the Watson Care Manager Community Service Payment add on.
- Connect Providers – these items apply to customers who have licensed the Watson Care Manager Connect Providers add on.
- Connect Individuals – these items apply to customers who have licensed the Watson Care Manager Connect Individual add on.
- Connect 360 – these items apply to Watson Care Manager customers are integrated with the IBM Health and Human Services Connect 360 application.
What’s new for care teams
Introducing role-based access control
Watson Care Manager
So that you have a view of the Care Team workspace that is appropriate to your role in your organization, your security administrator can now set permissions that determine your access to data and common actions. If you do not have the appropriate permissions to delete, deactivate, or activate clients, you will not see these actions in the Care Team workspace.
Watson Care Manager
- To help you to navigate client goals in the plan workspace without losing your view of client barriers, you can now scroll through the Goals list if the list is long.
- So that you can see if a care team member has assigned referrals prior to removing them from the care team, a message is now displayed to alert you to their unaccepted referrals. When you remove a care team member, their open referrals should be managed to help ensure continuity of care for clients. In addition, when you deactivate a client, the number of assigned referrals for each care team member is now displayed if you choose to remove the care team member during the deactivation process.
- The character limit for multi-line text answers is increased from 2000 to 4000 so that you can document in more detail a client’s responses in assessments and questionnaires.
What’s new for security administrators
Configuring role-based access control
Watson Care Manager
So that your organization can provide a role-appropriate view of the Care Team workspace, you can now control user access to specific resources. Resources are pages or actions in the application. When users are assigned the Care Team workspace, you can configure security roles to allow or deny them access to Delete Client, Deactivate Client, and Activate Client resources. A security role, Care Team Standard Access, is available by default that gives users access to these resources.
Important: After the monthly update of Watson Care Manager, the Care Team Standard Access security role is automatically assigned to all active users so that their existing access is unaffected. The Care Team Standard Access role is not automatically assigned to existing closed or suspended users. If you resume a suspended user or reopen a closed user, you must assign a security role to the user to allow access to the initial resources.
Watson Care Manager
- When you download an assessment or questionnaire PDF that contains text that wraps across one line, for example, a multiple line answer type, the text overlaps the PDF footer intermittently. To avoid this issue, do not configure assessments and questionnaires with content that is likely to wrap in the downloaded PDF. (256292)
- When you complete an action, for example, you register a client, the default date preselected in the calendar incorrectly sets to the next day if you complete the action after 4:00 PM Pacific Time (PT). (INC1728243, 255918)
- The client’s age that displays on the share care plan is not correctly displayed and should be ignored. (255099)
- As a care manager, if you expand an inactive client’s referral on the Unassigned Referrals list, a message displays that indicates you do not have access to the client. (253781)
- When Watson Care Manager is integrated with Connect 360, mailing address types that are recorded in Connect 360 are displayed only on a client’s Virtual Client Record. They will be included in Watson Care Manager in a future release. As a workaround, you can manually add the client’s mailing address in Watson Care Manager. (256661)
- If organization units are turned on, when adding a user to an organization, the incorrect label name Security role is displayed instead of Workspaces.
The user search will only search for a users default workspace instead of all users assigned workspaces. To avoid this issue, search by the user’s name instead. (242820)
Watson Care Manager
- When you filter Notes Highlights for the last month, highlights from over a month ago are displayed in addition to highlights for the last month. (245154)
- When you download a Share Care Plan that contains client goals, a goal status incorrectly displays, which should be ignored. (257441)
- When you save a quick note, an inaccurate message displays saying that the touchpoint is saved regardless of whether the note type is Touchpoint. (257285)
- The swagger documents for the Alerts, Care Team Actions, and Referrals APIs in the Knowledge Center include version, display, and userSelected attributes. These attributes are redundant and are not required for use in Watson Care Manager. Do not configure values for these attributes as they are not required for integrations. (257385)
- When you configure a new security role, you see a Delete action that is disabled in the row level Actions menu. Ignore this action. The ability to delete a security role will be available in a future release. (258068)
- When you click the Watson Care Manager URL, the IBM Watson Health sign in page opens. If you bookmark this URL or the URL for any other page in Watson Care Manager, the bookmark will not work. To avoid this issue, only bookmark the application URL that is communicated to you by your organization. To do this, open your Bookmarks library in your preferred browser. Then, create a new bookmark by copying and pasting the URL for the Watson Care Manager application that was communicated to you by your organization. For steps to correctly create a bookmark for the Watson Care Manager URL in your browser, see this IBM Support Tech Note. (244910)
User experience issues when signing in to Watson Care Manager
If you experience either of the following issues, close your browser, reopen your Watson Care Manager URL, and sign in as normal:
- If you open your Watson Care Manager URL and do not sign in, the sign in page expires after 30 minutes. If you return to the expired page after 12 hours and try to sign in by entering your credentials, an error message displays.(252906)
- If you open your Watson Care Manager URL and do not sign in, the sign-in page expires after 30 minutes. Depending on your browser and version, an error page with a Back button might display if you try to sign in again. If you click Back and try to sign in again, another error displays. Note: If Multi-Factor Authentication is enabled for your organization, the error page displays after you enter your passcode. (257760)
- When you create a report that contains client actions data, progress values for the client actions do not display. (248753)
- If you create a report that contains notes and notes comments data, an error displays. (250109)
- When you create a report that contains assessments or questionnaire data, inconsistent report data is generated, for example, some data is repeated and some data is missing. (240244)
- If you create a report that contains notes data, the report shows only notes for clients who have an associated program. It does not display data for clients who have no associated program but who have at least one note. (239618)
- Identification type names received from systems integrated with Watson Care Manager (via an API) incorrectly display in reports as EMR Identification Type. The correct identification type names, as received via the API, are visible on the Identifications page in the Care Team workspace. (245168)
- The reporting application is treating Allergy names as case sensitive, for example, when you generate a report of the number of clients with specific allergy types, allergy names in different cases are being considered as two different allergies. (224396)
- When an identification client data type record is deleted in the Care Team application, it incorrectly displays in existing reports until a new client data record of the same type is created or updated. (248421)
- Do not save custom reports or dashboards in the Team content -> Watson Care Manager folder. If you do this, your content will be deleted with the next monthly update of Reporting. To avoid this issue, save your content in a child folder of Team content, or in the My content folder or its child folders. (249596)
- If multiple care team actions are associated with a goal in the Care Team application and one or more are deleted, all of the actions are incorrectly deleted from existing reports. (253927)
- If you update a condition classification in the Care Team application to a blank value, the classification value does not update in existing reports. (254482)
- If you create a report that contains height data, measurement time data is not displayed. (250238)
- When SSO is enabled, if you sign out of reporting application and attempt to sign in again, an error message displays. If you experience this issue, click Ok in the error message to sign in again. (253903)
- If you create a report that contains enquiry data, provider name data is not displayed. (256438)
Watson Care Manager Connect 360
- When you delete a client in Watson Care Manager who is also registered in Connect 360, external search results for the client return no results. Instead, a message displays saying ‘There are no matching items based on the search criteria entered.’ (257923)
- If you register a client in Watson Care Manager, Connect 360 checks for a match and if no match is found, automatically registers the client in Connect 360. If you subsequently perform an external search for the client, the search results indicate that the client is registered in both applications. However, if you then open the client’s Virtual Client Record, an inaccurate error message displays. (242258)
- When you perform an external search for a client, a misleading error message is intermittently displayed. The message indicates that the search results show only Watson Care Manager clients. The message displays only when the client you searched for was originally registered in Watson Care Manager and subsequently registered in Connect 360 automatically. Ignore this message, the client exists in both systems and is shown in the search results as expected. (256209, 252716)
- When Watson Care Manager is integrated with Connect 360, address types that are recorded in Connect 360 as ‘Other’ are displayed in Watson Care Manager as ‘Temporary’. (256371)
- If you are using payments, do not use 2 weekly or 4 weekly services. There is an issue with payment calculations for services with frequencies of 2 weekly and 4 weekly. (242597)
- If you open your Connect URL and do not sign in, the sign in page expires after 30 minutes. If you return to the expired page after 12 hours and attempt to sign in by entering your credentials, an error message displays. To sign in, close the browser and start again by reopening your Connect URL and sign in as normal. (252906).
- If you open your Connect URL and do not sign in, the sign in page expires after 30 minutes. If you return to the expired page after 12 hours and attempt to sign in by entering your credentials, an error message displays. To sign in, close the browser and start again by reopening your Connect URL and sign in as normal. (252906)
Watson Care Manager Community Service Payment
Watson Care Manager Connect Providers
Watson Care Manager Connect Individuals
Part number: 5725V59
Date of submission for approval: February 2020
Document type: Release Notes
© Copyright 2016, 2020 IBM Corporation