Do you have a question about IBM Watson Care Manager Reporting? A list of the most frequently asked questions and their answers is available here.
Q. What browsers are compatible with Reporting?
For a full list of supported browsers for IBM Watson Care Manager Reporting, see Watson Care Manager Supported Software.
Q. What is the time out period for the Reporting application?
Q. Where can I find the prebuilt reports?
The prebuilt Watson Care Manager reports are available in the Reporting application.
Note: Only folders that you have valid authorization permissions to access are visible.
. The reports are contained in the folders shown.
- Click one of the following folders:
- Clients Receiving Care
- Click a report to run it.
Q. How do I join two data sets together?
Select each data set, or data items in the data sets, and drag and drop them onto your report. Ensure that one of the data sets is the primary data set in the folder. You must use the primary data set when you create reports that display data from multiple data sets.
Q. Why does my report have empty cells?
If data is not recorded in Watson Care Manager, it does not appear in reports. For example, if you create and run a report that shows clients and their conditions, by default, your report will show clients with and without condition data.
To show only clients with specific data, apply the Exclude Null filter to the relevant column in your report.
Q. How do I add images to my report, such as my organization logo?
- Click the Toolbox icon, select Layout, drag the Image object to your report, then double-click it.
- In the Image URL text box, type the URL of an image.
Tip: To add an image that is available on the web, open a browser in a new window and search for the image. Right-click it, then copy and paste its URL into the text box.
- Click OK.
- Optional: You can resize the image.
- Click the Show Properties icon.
- In , specify the width. The height adjusts automatically.
- Click OK.
Q. I want my report to show data based on a date range that a user selects. How do I do this?
You need to add a prompt page to your report that includes a Date prompt. For more information, see Build your own prompt and prompt page in the IBM Cognos Analytics documentation.
Q. How do a I schedule a report to run periodically?
You can schedule a report to run periodically for example, every Friday at 9pm. Depending on your organization’s business needs, you might want to run a report at weekends, or at monthly intervals when demands on the system are low.
To schedule a report, see Schedule in this Cognos Analytics video tutorial: How to manage schedules and subscriptions. The video also demonstrates Subscriptions and Notifications. These features are also available in Watson Care Manager Reporting.
Important: The procedure to schedule a report in Watson Care Manager Reporting is the same as in the video, except for the following:
- When specifying the schedule Period, in addition to choosing the report start and end date, you can choose a start and end time in Watson Care Manager Reporting.
- In Delivery, only the default Save option is supported in Watson Care Manager Reporting. This option saves each report version. Print and Email delivery options are not supported.
- In Prompts, it is not possible to store prompt values. The default Set values option cannot be changed in Watson Care Manager Reporting. Prompt values are not supported.
Note: You may see other minor differences between the IBM Cognos Analytics user interface shown in the video and the Watson Care Manager Reporting user interface. However, in general, the steps to schedule reports, and manage subscriptions and notifications are the same in the video and in Watson Care Manager Reporting.
Q. Who do I contact if I have support questions or I want to request an enhancement?
If you can’t find the answer to your question in the Watson Care Manager documentation, Cognos Analytics 11.0x documentation, or Cognos Analytics 11.0x video tutorials, submit a ticket on the Watson Health Support Portal or reach out to your client executive.