The following article is part of a series of articles providing and explaining a JPA 2.0 Customer Credit Sample.
This sample is for beginner and intermediate users.¬† The download materials you will need for this sample are all included in this zip file.
Once you have downloaded this zip file, follow the 6 stages below.¬† Instructions are all contained within easy to follow videos.¬† Explore the related links to find the next set of instructions in the series
- Liberty Downloads and Install: Short Video on how to obtain the Liberty Eclipse plugin and Libery runtime on WASDEV.net
- Server Create: Video on the steps to create and configure a server instance in Eclipse with the Liberty Plugin
- Web Application Create: Steps to create the basic structure of the web application used to develop the Customer Credit Sample
- Developing the Sample: Steps to complete the sample, including servlet creation, persistence and business logic.
- Publish, run and Debug: How to publish and launch a web application to run it. Starting the server in debug mode, setting breakpoints, displaying variable contents and finding the root cause of a problem.
- Different Database Backends: Explanation of the server.xml configuration files and bootstrap.property files included in the Sample zip file required for using either Oracle, DB2 or Derby database backends.