Introduction to IBM Cloud Pak for Data
Learn the basics of IBM Cloud Pak for Data
IBM Cloud Pak for Data is a unified, pre-integrated data and AI platform that runs natively on Red Hat OpenShift Container platform, and runs on many cloud platforms including IBM Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Microsoft Azure. Services are delivered with an open and extensible cloud native platform for collecting, organizing, and analyzing data. It’s a single interface to perform end-to-end analytics with built-in governance. It also supports and governs the end-to-end AI workflow.
Collect your data
- Make all your data accessible — securely at its source — without the need for migration.
- Connect to all data and eliminate data silos.
Organize your data
- Create a trusted business-ready analytics foundation that can simplify data preparation, policy, security, and compliance.
- Govern and automate data and the AI lifecycle.
Analyze your data
- Build, deploy, and manage AI and machine-learning capabilities that scale consistently throughout your organization.
- Operationalize AI throughout your business with trust and transparency.
- Run anywhere with agility and avoid vendor lock-in.
IBM Cloud Pak for Data offers a prescriptive approach to accelerate the journey to AI: the AI Ladder, developed to help clients drive digital transformation in their businesses, no matter where they are on their journey. IBM Cloud Pak brings together all the critical cloud, data, and AI capabilities as containerized microservices to deliver the AI Ladder in a multi-cloud platform.
Take a product walk-through
IBM Cloud Pak for Data can help you unlock the value of your data and create an information architecture for AI. This product walk-through offers step-by-step demonstrations on how to collect, organize, analyze, and infuse AI into your data with a scalable Kubernetes platform.
IBM Cloud Pak for Data comprises pre-configured microservices that run on a multi-node IBM Cloud Private cluster. The microservices enable you to connect to your data sources so you can catalog and govern, explore and profile, transform, and analyze your data from a single web application.
IBM Cloud Pak for Data is deployed on a multi-node Kubernetes cluster, using Red Hat OpenShift. Although you can deploy IBM Cloud Pak for Data on a three-node cluster, it is strongly recommended that you deploy your production environment on a cluster with at least six nodes for improved performance, cluster stability, and ease of scaling the cluster to support workload growth.
This article introduced IBM Cloud Pak for Data, explained some related terms and concepts, offered a product walk-through, and included an architectural overview.